RyDawg82

Inflight Shots From The Flight Deck

Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:38 pm

Hello.

I was curious if anyone can provide me with some tips. How can I take good shots from inside the flight deck while inflight? I have read the following post http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviation_photography/read.main/92042/ -- However those tips would be for while on the ground. Today I was taking photos from a 737-900, either bright outside, dark inside, or vice versa. Is there any way to balance the two? I got close on some shots, it just seems like I could do better.

Oh and Im using a Sony F-707 - if anyone was going to ask....Thanks for the help....Ryan
You can take the pup out of Alaska, but you can't take the Alaska out of the pup.

RyDawg82

RE: Inflight Shots From The Flight Deck

Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:26 pm

Can anyone please help?
Ryan
You can take the pup out of Alaska, but you can't take the Alaska out of the pup.

brianhames

Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:35 pm

Ryan,

Yup, there is a way to fix that problem you talked about. What you need to do, is use the flash. When you take your light reading, take it outside the cockpit, and then use that setting with flash on, so the flash will illuminate the flight deck while the outside looks normal too.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © José Rodrigues

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dmitry Avdeev

Brian

RyDawg82

Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:02 pm

Hey Brian,

Good to hear from you, long time no see....
I read about that method to improve flight deck shots, its just that I don't feel comfortable having a bright flash going off while on short final into say Juneau in a 737-400....Is there any other settings or conditions that seem to help?

Thanks
Ryan