Topic Author

Urgent Photo Request Help Needed

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:08 pm

Today I opened up my mailbox and received the following email.

>>>I'm requesting permission to use this image for an exhibit for the National Air
Traffic Controller's Association based in Washington,DC.

The art will appear approximately 8x10 on a 28" X 66" panel. The exhibit will
be used at 10 community events across the country in the next 12 months. All of
the events are open to the public for free.

Can you please email back the amount, if any, for premium usage (and how they
are to be paid for) and formal permission and copyright language to reproduce on
the exhibit?

We are working under an extremely tight deadline and your immediate attention to
this would be greatly appreciated.

If you need to contact me by phone, I can be reached at ***-***-*****ext. *****.<<<

So once again, I am asking for your help on the subject. Would 50 dollars plus full photo credit be a reasonable price to request for this kind of thing?

Thank you,

Alexander Kroychik
Denver, Colorado.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

RE: Urgent Photo Request Help Needed

Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:38 pm

Since no one else has chimed in, I will. I would go with the offer. One thing I would ask is a schedule of events. Then you can tell your friends and relatives to go down and see your art. My guess is, since he says the events are free, if you pushed for more money he would say thanks anyway. See if they want to use the photo in their advertising and go for more money for that. Money is great, but your name in lights is a good thing also.