Rejected Again, What To Do?

Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:33 am

can anyone tell me what to do to my pictures to get them on i'm at a loss.
this one i think looks pretty good. it's not a scan of my own, it came off a picture cd that i got when developing the film.
this one was taken from inside a cessna. unfortunately, the plexiglass windscreen is rounded and formed, thus causing a glare. is there any way to fix it?
this one i also think to be a decent shot. i don't know and don't understand what's wrong with it.
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

RE: Rejected Again, What To Do?

Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:38 am

Hmmm.... the first pic is dirty... Look at all the white little "things" ... for example at the first three letters of "AIRPOWER" - they are all over the pic.... maybe you should try to clean your photo and scan it... I've had photo-CDs years ago... but I can tell you - they're not worth its money!

Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:52 am

Im sorry to say, but these shots does'nt really have the "" quality imo. I might be wrong though. But anyway keep it up, and try to learn for your mistakes  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Read the feedback & rejection reasons and see what you can get out of that. Good luck! (We have all been through this process  Wink/being sarcastic..)

Øystein S.

Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:59 am

This one is a little unsharp (blurry) and the grain kills it. Also it is not level. Not too much you can do with this, perhaps try a faster film next time with finer grain - what film do you use at present?

You may also have more luck if you do not get the film scanned to CD at the shop, as the scan settings they have probably been bulk scanned at a default settting. You may be able to get a better result from scanning the negatives or slides yourself with a film scanner, and then edit them in a photo editing software such as Photoshop.

You explained the problems for this one yourself and it cannot be saved. - combined reflections, green colour cast, and general low quality.

Poor exposure, unsharp, and again generally low quality - it has a very 'unclear' appearance, this is beyond salvation also. - You should be able to see that this is not of comparable quality to current shots added being to the database....

Keep trying though, you should be able to get better results.

Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:26 am

As always - first thing to do - downsize to 1024*xxx. Only when you have absolotely perfect quality try higher resolution.