Topic Author
Posts: 3859
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2000 2:55 am

Urgent Help Needed - Part II

Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:27 am

So anyway, I had a deal for the following picture.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Alexander Kroychik

I would receive 50 dollars for it. I mailed them the invoice, and communication was steady and professional. Then I get the following email -

Mr. Kroychik,

The check for $50.00 for usage of your image is being issued today. I just
received word that in order to do so, accounting will need your Federal Tax
ID number.

Ok, this seems a bit fishy. And can anyone tell me where I can find Federal Tax ID number? I have no idea what it is and why they need to use it.

Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.
User avatar
Posts: 9042
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 12:10 pm

RE: Urgent Help Needed - Part II

Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:29 am

or you can give them your SS Number. It isn't fishy, they just have to show the payment on their books. Don't email the info, however (not secure). Call them with it.
Posts: 1978
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:12 pm

RE: Urgent Help Needed - Part II

Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:10 am

They just need your social secuirty number so that they can record payment...they must file a form with the IRS (just like when a pay check is issued...)

If you make enough of photos then you need to declare it as income on your 1040....
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:44 am

RE: Urgent Help Needed - Part II

Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:19 am

The IRS issue Taxpayer ident. number for people who are not entitled to have AB / Sinchonri (K-16) (SSN / RKSM), South Korea">SSN ("legal aliens not allowed to work").


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests