Airplanepics
Topic Author

Taking Pictures Inside Planes

Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:30 am

Hey,
Im flying with Excel from LGW to ACE next week, and i was wondering if you are actually allowed to take photos of the take off, landing.....etc?
And doesnt Camera equipment interfere with the aircrafts systems as its an electrical device???

Any help would be very much grateful.
Cheers,

Airplanepics
Simon - London-Aviation.com

Dazed767

RE: Taking Pictures Inside Planes

Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:44 am

And doesnt Camera equipment interfere with the aircrafts systems as its an electrical device???

No.

The only reason why want it stowed for take off and landing is just in case something happens and it doesn't become a projectile and hit anybody.

Justin

EGGD

Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:48 am

Fire away!

Try and keep the camera as close to the window as possible and if you think the f/a's are a bit strict then keep your camera hidden until they sit in their seats, at least then you can say that they never told you to stop.

Airplanepics
Topic Author

Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:18 am

Thanks EDDD! I will!

regards,
Airplanepics

Continental

Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:19 am

Dazed767: I can see that, but they allow people to hold food or hot coffee while they land. I don't see how they would get the hot coffee, rather why'd they want to hold it on landing in the first place!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

I flew AA MSP-ORD-LGA-ORD-MSP and got back 3 days ago. I took pictures on every leg of that trip. The flight attendants didn't care one bit! I had my camera in my lap when they were doing the final check before landing. No one cared! It was fun, though trying the keep the camera steady and level while landing or taking off can be pretty tough! Big grin

co

Airplanepics
Topic Author

Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:39 am

sorry 'EGGD'!

cool, continental!

Airplanepics

apuneger

Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:57 am

If the captain, F/A or anybody else working on board asks the pax to stow away and shut down all electronic devices, I put away my camera. However, sometimes, they only ask to shut off cellphones, portable computers and such, so no cameras. In that case, I try to take some pics if possible...

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

Dazed767

Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:04 am

John,

LOL man what airline were you flying on that let you hold hot coffee while you land?? The F/A's usually take all the drinks etc before landing.

Yeah 3 years ago they didn't think twice about you taking photos, but after 9-11 I've gotten the "you can't do that because of 9-11" crap a few times...still doesn't stop me haha. I just flew on DL wednesday and the F/A watched me take photos, she had a funny look on her face, but didn't care. After the flight she let me to go to the flight deck and the pilot couldn't have been more inviting. It's hit or miss these days with rude crew members.

SafetyDude

Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:44 am

I have had no problems...Continental, Delta, jetBlue, US Airways...JFK, LGA, ATL, MCO, PIT, PHL, IAH, CMH... Smile/happy/getting dizzy
I just hope that I get a clean window  Laugh out loud
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

Continental

Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:00 am

Justin: Not sure, tried thinking of an example! Where did you fly on Wednesday? I flew on Wednesday too!

co