cfalk

Need Advice On A Photo Printer

Tue Sep 02, 2003 6:11 pm

Hi there.

I currently have a DPP-SV55 photo printer, and I'm not happy with it. The colors are just a bit too off for me, especially skin tones.

I wanted to get some recommendations on replacing it. I would like it to print 4x6 prints with the most realistic color possible, priting edge-to edge.

I've seen the little HP printers, and they do a good job, but are not edge-to edge.

Any recommendations?

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Kereru

RE: Need Advice On A Photo Printer

Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:09 pm

Charles,

Epson or Canon? I am sure they will have one that suits your needs. I have been using an Epson 1290 (up to A3 size) for a couple of years now and the results satisfy me. It also accepts the rolls of paper and can print about 53 6x4 size on each roll. It does edge to edge very well. There is a later model now that prints directly onto CD's as well. How portable does it need to be? Skin tones come out really well if you use Kodak Easyshare software to print the photos. Kodak Easyshare software is available free after registering your email address from

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=37&pq-locale=en_US

Colin
Good things take Time.

cfalk

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:05 am

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of a dedicated photo-printer, as they are small and I am desk-space limited. Any brand will do.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

Msh744

Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:17 am

I am using an HP photosmart 7150, and it does 4x6 borderless prints very well, IMO. No 8x10 borderless on this printer, and it's a little big, too (about 1.5 feet wide, 1 foot deep, and 8 inches high) (those are estimates, cuz i can't find my ruler  Big grin ). Not sure if this is what you mean by a dedicated photo printer, because I use it for printing everything, but it does photos well.

-Msh744