dullesguy

Car Question

Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:51 am

Hello all,
This is for any MIA/FLL guys out there. I'm coming down for my thanksgiving break and due to not being 21 yet I don't think there will be a way at all for me to rent a car. From what it seems..a car is needed to get to these spots around the fields. Maybee I could meet up with some of you locals and fire away?? Could any locals email me at sdobbins@purdue.edu thanks

Regards,
Stephen
"..the joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10

2912n

RE: Car Question

Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:10 am

Stephen,

I can't help with the Miami stuff, but check into some of the "off-brand" car rental places like Rent a Wreck. Many of those companies will rent to the under 21 group. Maybe not as convienient as the big names, but...

MIA777

Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:16 am

I am not sure if I will be down for the break but if you trust a 16 year old driver (I think I am a good driver, I am on the highway everyday and get lots of experience going to the airport several times a week) then I would love to meet someone. I have met with people once and on another occasion Graham Hitchen was there...well I knew he was a regular there and have seen many of his pictures online and I even heard him mention a.net and I basically got too intimidated and just sat in the grass and watched him shoot...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Graham Hitchen

--like this

I came back the next day and had my fun but anyways...I would love to go with someone and shoot...

Ryan
MIA777

Dazed767

Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:52 am

Ryan, I might be headed down that way sometime later this month. I would drive from Orlando, but I need about 600QP for Gold on AA....so a short TPA-MIA-TPA flight should seal the deal for me. So.... if anyone wants to play taxi driver for me, I'd appreciate it!  Big thumbs up I tip well  Big grin

Justin

dullesguy

Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:53 am

2912n thanks for the advice I was wondering if there were any companies like that around..i'll check into that.

I'll give you the exact dates of when I'll be there. Sure man I trust a 16 year old driver. I started out driving in the Washington D.C. streets when i first got my liscense so I'm sure you're good if you're handling MIA

Regards,
Stephen
"..the joy of the Lord is your strength" Nehemiah 8:10

MIA777

Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:58 am

Alright! Well if you do rent a car for some reason, let me know...I would love to join you!
MIA777