Ikarus
Topic Author

Oct 23rd Concorde Cardiff Visit - Help Please!

Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:17 pm

Hi

I've very recently moved to Cardiff, so now I'm eagerly awaiting the Concorde visit on the 23rd. Unfortunately, I missed my chance to buy tickets from the airport (I found the page a few months ago, decided to wait for a day, and then I could not find the page again, and now they're all gone... stupid me!)

So, is there any Welsh local out there who could help me, for instance with advice about where to go around the airport (without a car) or even better still, who might be able to pick me up by car and drive me out to a spot somewhere in the morning and hang out for the day if that's the best option? Anyone else planning to go?

Cheers for any replies!

Regards

Ikarus

Ikarus
Topic Author

RE: Oct 23rd Concorde Cardiff Visit - Help Please!

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:06 pm

OK, ummm, forget about the car thing.... how about some general advice? Don't worry, I'm a shitty photographer, no competition for airliners.net fame from me  Big grin

anyone?

Regards

Ikarus

Ikarus
Topic Author

Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:13 pm

Anyone here? anyone at all from Wales?

LGW

Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:39 pm

Shaun Grist (EGFF) may be able to help?

Ben Pritchard

trintocan

Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:00 pm

If you want an alternative to the car, use the bus X91 from Wood Street bus station. It drops you at the terminal. A walk of about 10 minutes leads to the perimeter where people often stop off to watch planes - a few minutes more and you reach the eastern approach. The western approach is a bit further away though. An alternative is the Flying Club, which has its base on the south side of the airport. I am not sure which bus passes that way (ie to the village of Rhoose) but I think you would have to go to Barry first (ie with a bus like 93, 94 or 95) to get another bus for there. There are good car parks next to the Wood Street bus station so you can leave your car there.

Hope this helps.

TrintoCan.
Hop to it, fly for life!

qantas744

Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:57 pm

Shaun is currently having some major internet connection problems and is unable to get online until the end of the week (after Concorde has been retired) but I know he will be at CWL, I also know where he will be but I'm not allowed to give away his secret photo spot Smile/happy/getting dizzy

He'll be at LHR on Friday too.

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll