RayPettit
Topic Author

Help Needed On Vuescan And Kodachrome

Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:06 am

Hi

I've been trying to sort out my brother's Vuescan so he can put some really good old Kodachrome slides on this site.

Despite advising him of the settings I have on Vuescan 7.5.39 and getting the closest possible match on his Vuescan 7.6.64, the trial pics are not coming out right, they're being far too dark for one thing.

Before you ask, its set up for Kodachrome and so on, but it almost seems that the Vuescan images are just like the ones out of his scanner, the Minolta Scan Dual III.

Is there any kind soul out there who can advise what settings there should be, and the procedures required to ensure that the Minolta's settings are ignored.

My Vuescan/Kodachrome set up works fine with my Nikon Coolscan III which makes me thinks there's something in the Minolta set up that needs attention.

Cheers,

Ray

ckw

RE: Help Needed On Vuescan And Kodachrome

Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:02 am

I don't know the answer, but Ed Hammick provides the best support I've ever come across - email him with your problem, and the raw data from a sample scan, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't come back with the answer real quick.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

JayDavis

RE: Help Needed On Vuescan And Kodachrome

Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:01 pm

Very True Colin,

Ed is extremely nice and helpful. I don't use vuescan, but I do have a copy of VuePrint.

Jay