Marco_Polo

WOW! Great C-5 Shot!

Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:53 pm

Hey Mate:

Where the heck did you stood to get this from? Definately a note worthy shots. Both shots are MAGNIFICENT!!! I have to say your evening shot with the Sydney city skyline is  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up  Big thumbs up. Everytime I visit SYD photos you manage to pull some crazy shots like these. Superb composition and color rendition Glenn.

Great Photographs mate and keep them coming!!!

View Large View Medium

Photo © Glenn Stewart
View Large View Medium

Photo © Glenn Stewart

Cheers - Jay

[Edited 2003-10-31 11:54:00]

glennstewart

RE: WOW!

Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:02 pm

Thanks Jay,

Very lucky for this beast to come in.

The wind picked up and brought a stray bird in. The USAF (AMC), couldn't land at Richmond (western Sydney), so decided to land at YSSY/Sydney Intl. Even better... no equipment to tow. So the poor C-5 Galaxy had to sit in front of Sydney skyline for this photographer to snap.

The position you ask...
I am on the departure level near the Qantas special handling area. A nice Qantas employee by the name of George, helped push a partition into place to reduce reflections of glass.
The great thing about this area compared to viewing deck, is a lack of light poles  Smile

You get a great view of the city from here. Also great to have the plane be in the perfect position for it, because I wasn't about to have any say in it.

We need more big US aircraft in. It's been a while since I've seen anything as graceful looking (whilst being LARGE). Reminds me of a couple of months back...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Glenn Stewart
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Glenn Stewart

This is a positive about having US bases and presence all over Australia on a regular basis. There are weekly US Military freights every week into Sydney, but out at Richmond where getting a shot is... well.. hard

Thanks for the kind words...

Glenn Stewart
Sydney, Australia
Respected users.... If my replies are useful, then by all means...

Sydneybuses

RE: WOW! Great C-5 Shot!

Fri Oct 31, 2003 8:06 pm

Great shots Glenn! Waited at the beach all afternoon but it didn't want to depart!!

Norbert

aa61hvy

Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:16 am

Geez Glen that is a sweet shot, I am a sucker for C-5's and Skylines.. Great shot
Go big or go home

bigphilnyc

Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:48 am

Those first two shots are the smae pictures! Glenn jsut lowered the lightness and raised the blue balance!! ANYONE can see that!  Big grin

No, but it's a great shot Glenn. I'd love ot see you come shoot in NYC someday.
Phil Derner Jr.

ebos

Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:17 am

Superb shots!!!

Sven
An-225 stalker: 1 x LUX, 1 x EIN, 1 x DXB, 2 x SHJ, 3 x CGN

jcxp15

Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:44 am

C-5's and C-17's are sweet planes.... Phil, imagine a C5 or C17 at LGA?! lol.... Awesome shots though!