GulfstreamGuy
Topic Author

Should I Buy This Sony Camera?

Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:22 am

I am looking at this camera very closely. This is the Sony DSC-P10 Cyber-shot?? Digital Camera. It has a 5.0 megapixel resolution. Does any one else have one or similar to it? I don't know if it would be good enough for A.net shots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GG
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett

sleekjet

RE: Should I Buy This Sony Camera?

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:10 am

Sorry, this site only accepts pics taken with a Canon 10 D.  Big grin
II Cor. 4:17-18

Bronko

Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:45 am

What is your budget? How much is this camera? And finally, is your goal to get pictures accepted here with your camera you are about to purchase?

Jet City Aviation Photography

Granite

Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:45 am

Hi Jason

I previously had a Sony DSC-S70 (I think) digital and it was fantastic.

Not familiar with the quality of the P10. My suggestion would be to visit http://www.dpreview.com before you purchase.

Sample images are available there.

You seem to have ramp access? This may be OK for this camera but DON'T rush into purchasing until you have made some enquiries. It may be worth your while to wait till the Christmas or New Year sales before you get something.

Remember, Airliners.net will be around for years to come so there is plently time  Smile

Regards

Gary Watt
Aberdeen, Scotland

GulfstreamGuy
Topic Author

Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:31 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice.

Bronko- My budget was going to be about $300-500 USD but I believe I can go a lot higher (work more overtime ALL the time..)  Sleepy Possibly $1000. And yes, my main goal is to get pics on A.net. I have almost 6 albums filled with photos from the last 11 years on the airport (mainly LIT) and I haven't been able to get them on A.net so I want to try digital (I am totally aware that just because I will have a digicam doesn't mean my pics will get accepted).

Granite- Yes, I do have ramp access (to LIT anyway), so I want to take advantage of that. There are not many LIT photos on A.net.  Sad So I am hoping to change that!

Greatly Appreciated,
GulfstreamGuy
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane. " -Jimmy Buffett

Bronko

Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:59 am

If there is any way you could swing a Canon 300D, I would go for that. I have seen it with lense for under $900.00 recently, but you will need to buy a telephoto eventually. If you have ramp access, the 18-55mm kit lens would actually give you some great photos.

If you don't want to go the DSLR route, I had some pretty good pictures with the Sony F717. I think it is a more 'serious' camera than the one you mention above, but it is still a point & shoot.

Seriously consider the 300D, you won't regret it.
Jet City Aviation Photography

gmonney

Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:25 pm

I would say no to that model.....the problem is that there is no manual features to that camera. I have the Sony F717 and its really good, look my name up!

Grant Feggi
Drive it like you stole it!