Bronko
Topic Author

Amazed With This Photograph

Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:47 am

First of all, I am the first to admit that I am a novice at best. My first camera was purchased in February of this year, and was a P&S Sony F717. About a month ago, I joined the DSLR club and purchased a Canon 300D and a 70-200MM F4 L.

I took this picture recently, and I still can't believe the detail and sharpness, straight from the camera. This is the unedited image, so it is about 2-3 megs in size. This was taken handheld as well. I can't get over how detailed the the landing gear and surrounding equipment is, the actuators in the canoes, rivets, etc for an unedited image.

http://www.blarg.net/~bronko/Aviation/aviation.htm

This image is not intended to be uploaded either, I have so many 777-300ER shots I could afford to play around a little.

Maybe I am still in the DSLR honeymoon phase. Anyone else have shots they took like this?
Jet City Aviation Photography

clickhappy

RE: Amazed With This Photograph

Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:57 am

lets see the EXIF info, boy-o

ExitRow

Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:58 am

Welcome to Canon, David.  Big thumbs up

CMOS + "L" Series.

That's the real shame of resizing for the web, you lose so much detail. I just recently got a Canon S9000 printer and I am bankrupting myself by printing everything at 13"x19"!

clickhappy

Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:05 am

Here is a recent picture, only thing was moving it from NEF to jpeg. It was low light (as I am sure you can tell by the runway lights)

http://www.clickhappy.com/dsc_6539.jpg

JeffM

Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:50 am

Bill,
I know what you mean about the S9000. I picked one up a few weeks ago as well..... I need more wall space.  Smile I guess that sums things up.....!

What paper are you using?

v/r
Jeff

ExitRow

Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:31 am

Jeff...

Photo Paper Pro. I SWORE I'd never be happy with any "inkjet" prints over a classic C-Print (or LightJet). The place I work has three S9000s and I printed a few of my images at 13x19 and fell in love. Then I found out they're only $300 and I bought one as quick as you can type CDW.com.

The thicker paper is REALLY nice.

hisham

Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:53 pm

Check out those. I sharpened and compressed a little. Both were shot in jpeg mode. You have to click on "full size".
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hisham_atallah/lst?.dir=/aviation+photos&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

Hisham.