Jkw777
Topic Author

New To Photography, My First Pics!

Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:58 pm

Hi there guys,

A few weeks ago i was lucky enough to be taken to LGW by my ol' man. He is a very keen photographer and has been snapping pics since he was about my age. (Not of planes though  Sad)

Any way, he has a range of cameras and lenses but he decided on using his latest toy, the Canon 10D. He let me take a few shots with it, the results in my eyes were good  Smile but hey a second opinion is always good.

So here it goes:

http://www.myaviation.net/search/search.php?view=&photographer=Justin%20Wood

Some of them are ok, others..  Laugh out loud hehehe.

These are all un-edited versions no please, if anyone knows what i could possibly do to the best select few, maybe get them on a.net  Laugh out loud.

To do this I will be using Photo Shop, so if you know what's best for these images (apart from in the bin  Laugh out loud) then please let me know!

All comments and opinions are appreciated,

Regards,

Justin  Big thumbs up
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

Skymonster

RE: New To Photography, My First Pics!

Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:05 pm

Most of those are slightly soft but should be just fine for airliners.net with a little bit of sharpening, or more correctly a little bit of unsharp mask - try something like 100, 0.7 to start with and work from there, but do not get so agressive with USM as to introduce jaggies or make the pictures over-sharp. Also take care with camera angles which we're very picky about here - a few of those pictures have the leans, but that's easily corrected with a little bit of rotating and cropping.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

lewis

Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:09 pm

Your photos do not lack quality; I can't see any grain and they seem correctly exposed. If I were you I would try to zoom in more in some of them. Another thing is that you should try to sharpen the photos by using the Unsharp Mask in Photoshop.

Paris.

Jkw777
Topic Author

Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:16 pm

Well,

I guess I owe you all for the advice you give me!  Laugh out loud

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Justin Wood
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Justin Wood

Will enhance some more later and submit. But I am very pleased  Smile

Many Thanks again,

Justin.  Big thumbs up
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

vafi88

Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:08 am

Very nice shots! Congrats!
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.