CX777
Topic Author

RAW Converters / File Storage

Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:38 pm

Trying to figure out which one to buy for my newly ordered Canon 10D.
Raw Converters
1) Adobe RC 2.0
2) BreezeBrowser
3) Capture One
Or any other converter that I have not heard of yet.

File Storage
1)Delkin eFilm
2)SmartDisk FlashTrax
3)Nixvue's Digital Album

I just spent half day doing research on these and so far I am settling for #2 options on both, I would like to hear from anyone who has an experience with using them. Much appreciated.
Happy holidays,
Raj

ckw

RE: RAW Converters / File Storage

Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:04 pm

IMHO Cpature One is probably the absolute best quality - but requires a good bit of work to get optimum results. Breezebrowser is not quite as good at converting, but much more versatile and fast.

Currently I'm using the built in RAW convertor for Photoshop CS- it is very close to Capture One in absolute quality, but tends to get a better initial result without having to make adjustments. I love having the conversion process integrated with the file browser and processing software - has improved my work flow considerably. (Though I do sometimes still use C1 on challenging pics and Breezebrowser for certain batch processes).

If you have any version of PS, the upgrade to CS should not cost much more than Capture One, and the program has some useful enhancements on the processing side.

Can't answer on storage - I use a laptop.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel

aviatortj

Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:49 am

I upgraded to CS last week. It is well worth it. I love the RAW utility, it is highly recommended.

__TJ__

CX777
Topic Author

Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:54 pm

Thanks for the info. Will check it out.
Raj

wietse

Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:19 am

Dont know if its any good now, but I have to second Colins comments about the CS built in convertor. Great quality and as versatile as CaptureOne. For quick batch editing I use Breezebrowser though.

Wietse
Wietse de Graaf