UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Cockpit Jumpseat...badmotiv?

Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:52 am

Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

vafi88

RE: Cockpit Jumpseat...badmotiv?

Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:57 am

As you see in the accepted photo, the photographer (William Ronciere) captured the entire cockpit with very little interruption from the flight crew. What you have, is more focused on the pilot and co-pilot, therefore, amking the shots "unworthy".

Hey if the photos please you, keep on shooting, don't shoot for this website, shoot for your own fun.

They are great photos in my opinion.

Vitaly Kroychik
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

JeffM

Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:46 am

Will,
There isn't really anything of interest in the rejects. Jump seat shots like that require a point of interest, otherwise they end up looking like you just took them because you were there. When I open them, and you have to look all around the image to find something I think you wanted to show us, that is bad motive.

v/r
Jeff

hisham

Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:39 am

Several issues:

-Too much zoom. Show the whole cockpit unless you have something really interesting to zoom on. A pilot on the intercom and his lunch is not a good motive!

-Some photos are fuzzy from motion blur.

-The outside view is overexposed. Try using fill-flash to get a good exposure of the cockpit and outside.

-Even if those shots were perfect, they're still baddoubles.

Hisham.

ake0404ar

Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:29 pm

Will,

tend to agree with all the comments made so far.
One thing that caught my attention was the location.......I guess it must have been inflight rather at LYS.

Vasco

UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:32 pm

Oops...approach into CDG...a correction is on the way.
Thanks to everyone for the feedback...hope I'll get lucky again on my next flight  Smile
Will
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

mandala499

Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:12 am

off topic...

But is that an HUD mount I see on the Captain's side above the displays ?

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !

USAFHummer

Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:14 pm

Mandala, if your talking about the rectangular thingy just above the HSI, I dont think thats for a HUD...it appears to be some form of radarscope?...kinda looks like those devices that eye doctors use to test vision to me...very scope-esque...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

UTA_flyinghigh
Topic Author

Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:07 pm

With all due respect to Greg, I fear that it is indeed an HUD, I should have been seated in the other jumpseat as the only way to get a picture of the image is to sit directly behind the Captain. Anyways, what you see inside is a green image a little bit similar to the PFD except there is no artificial horizon, enabling the pilot to stay straight and level by maintaining the aircraft in the center of the display.

Cheers,
Will

mandala499

Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:25 am

Merci beaucoup Will Big grin
I never seen an HUD mount on the 320 that's why... But is it me or I can't see the image reflector on that HUD?

Mandala499
When losing situational awareness, pray Cumulus Granitus isn't nearby !