tu154m

Leveling.......when There Actually Is A Slope!

Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:36 am

Just wondered what you guys think about editing a pic to make it look level, even though the contour of the land is sloped. I see in the forum alot of questions about "bad level" rejections, and I have had many myself. But some geographical features are sloped, for instance if any of you have flown out of ATL, you can see a HUGE slope when turning onto the north runways. Does this intrude into the "faking" aspect or is it OK to correct for natural features????
S
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

G-CIVP

RE: Leveling.......when There Actually Is A Slope!

Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:41 am

We do not live in a perfectly right angled world!

If you ever visit Malta and look at the runway in fromt of the Terminal, it goes up hill at both ends and dips in the middle!

Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:49 am

Try to align yourself either on a building, fence or in last resort the runway. I think that's the way most people do it on here and the way your expected to do so.

Cheers,
Tim

Staffan

Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:05 am

If there is nothing in the picture that indicates that the runway actually isn't level such as a building or a pole, the picture just looks funny if it's not straightened out.

Staffan

lennymuir

Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:50 am

Try to align yourself either on a building, fence or in last resort the runway. I think that's the way most people do it on here and the way your expected to do so.
Yes, you are right Tim, I have also bastardized an image to get accepted here, but >>

..if the shot is not taken perpendicular with respect to the runway, then there is a good case for a slight slope due to the natural effect of perspective.

Gerry

[Edited 2004-01-15 00:51:59]

[Edited 2004-01-15 00:55:15]