BA
Topic Author

Looking For A Good Digital Camera

Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:47 am

I am considering getting a digital camera.

I would like one with a high amount of zoom (at least 200mm) and with a descently wide angle capability.

At least 4MP, but more importantly I want a digital camera that produces excellent, detailed, low in noise, accurate color pictures. That is my biggest priority.

I know there are some high megapixel expensive prosumer cameras that do not produce as good image quality as some lower megapixel cameras.

A movie filming mode would be nice, but not a must.

My max is $1000, although I would like to stick under $800 if possible. I looked at the Sony F828 and at first was really impressed. But I read the image quality isn't very promising which is sounds to be very disappointing.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not really in a hurry. I just need one by the summer time.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

vafi88

RE: Looking For A Good Digital Camera

Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:45 am

Well, what would you use it for??? Aviation photography? or photography in General?

If you can really spend 1,000$, I'd go for the Canon 300D/Digital rebel.

If you just want a digital (not a DSLR) you can easily buy a 707/717 with a Tcon-17 Teleconverter all probably under 700$

5 megapixel
5X optical (10X digital) zoom
Movie record mode
A nice camera overall...

Vitaly
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

MEA310

Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:04 pm

Yesterday I was at Virgin Megastore & saw some fine digi cams.
I was thinking of the Canon EOS 300D,but that is one hell of an expensive camera,the tag was $1430;not to mention the lenses... the 300mm was about $350.I'm not sure if the mentioned above prices are the standard for this camera.A Nikon Coolpix(fun cam) with 3MP is around $450,any comparison between the prices?

MEA310
M5 Fastest Sedan On Earth

diezel

Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:23 pm

Go to http://www.dpreview.com and check out the (professional) reviews on lots of cameras. You can also get a good idea about the latest retail prices of digital cameras.

Diezel.

Never be afraid of what you like. (Miles Davis)

diezel

Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:28 pm

In additions to my previous post:

Check out http://www.photographyreview.com. You will find tons of prices and reviews (although I personally do not rate the reviews very high).

D.
Never be afraid of what you like. (Miles Davis)