aviatortj

Editor's Choice Section: Needs Update?

Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:14 pm

I am not sure if whether or not this fits better in the Site Related section, but I figured since most photographers reside here that it would be okay. After conversing with some fellow a.net photographers, it was noticed that in some of the rejection e-mails it refers you to Editor's Choice. For some people that are trying to get their shots up, would it be wise not to show them shots that would most likely be rejected today? I mean no disrespect to any photographer who has older shots in that section. I would just like to see what others think outside my photographer's circle.

__TJ__

JeffM

RE: Editor's Choice Section: Needs Update?

Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:53 pm

? the photos in the Editor's Choice section got in there for many reasons, not only photographic quality.

You could do a lot worse then to emulate the work of those photographers.
I disagree. Point the beginners there, and show them what is possible.

aviatortj

RE: Editor's Choice Section: Needs Update?

Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:37 pm

Scroll to the older additions, they are still in Editor's choice. There, everyone can see the shots that picture only parts of the plane while attached to the gate, with all the doors open. Some shots that have good photographic composition are fine for being there, but what about the ones that lack that along with overall quality?

This is a link to oldest additions first. Now there are over 500 pictures in there, so obviously not all of them fit into the category of which I speak. Editor's Choice, Oldest Additions First, 15/page

__TJ__