Kereru
Topic Author

Summer Heat Down Under - Cool Shots To View!

Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:10 pm

Hi Everybody,

As you will know it is Summer down under and I really enjoy screening those cool icy shots that are uploaded and I was particularly impressed by this one.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ross Paulson

Thanks Ross keep it up and your an inspiration to us all down under in this humid weather we are having here in NZ. You have captured the moment very well and I look forward to more from you and the other photographers in the cool northern Winter.

Colin
Good things take Time.

glennstewart

RE: Summer Heat Down Under - Cool Shots To View!

Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:34 pm

Excellent work. I have to agree with you Colin. Not looking forward to walking outside. From the Air Con into the blistering heat (thankfully it's cloudy and ready to storm).

Looking forward to screening more cold looking shots tonight.

Glenn
Respected users.... If my replies are useful, then by all means...

QANTAS077

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:11 pm

i'd kill for some snow in Perth right about now!

that office you work in would be lovely and cool Glenn, just the computer room was cool enough for me!

Smile

LGW

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:17 pm

You guys, moan, moan, moan Big grin

You should try British winter after British winter, you will soon realises air con or no air con, hot summer days are nothing to complain about  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Ben Pritchard

Jkw777

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Nice shot! It looks like the 757 has a runny nose though  Wink/being sarcastic

I agree with Ben here as well. Moan moan moan  Laugh out loud

Cheers,

Justin  Big thumbs up
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

aviatortj

Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:58 am

I still do not think that I will be complaining about the heat when summer time rolls around in Minneapolis. It makes spotting easier being warm out. Yesterday at MSP, I had to get in my car in between shots to stay warm. Only a few months til the heat comes back here, and only a few days til my vacations (spotting trips) begin.

__TJ__

Kereru
Topic Author

Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:32 am

You guys, moan, moan, moan 

Aha it must be the British in us? Just kidding. We will make the most of it while it lasts. The fine days with brilliant clear blue skies makes for good backgrounds, and the patterns of cloud add to the overall effect.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Colin Hunter

It is not really the heat that we "moan" about, it is the humidity that makes it uncomfortable but still other parts of the world will be a lot worse.

Better get back and do some screening while it is cool (6:30am here when I wrote this post)  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Colin
Good things take Time.

repaulson

Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:09 am

Colin,

Thanks so much for the compliment on this lucky shot!!! Should have hung out for another second since they were spaying orange deicing fluids... The spring is around the corner up here and hope to be able to have some nice bright sunny days to shoot more shots... Just stumbled across this post and figured I'd just say thanks!

-Repaulson