Brick
Topic Author

Terminal Window Modifications At DIA

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:39 am

Heard on the news a day or two ago that Denver International Airport got a $800,000 grant to apply some kind of plastic sheeting to the windows of the terminal to "better protect" the people inside in the event of a bomb blast. Besides this being another example of money flushed down the toliet at DIA, I hope this doesn't affect photography from inside the terminal. Photography from inside the terminal is not that great to begin with, especially for slide shooters. What effect, if any, would the application of this stuff on the windows have? Have any other airports in the U.S. or world had this done?

Mark Abbott
Denver, CO
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

vafi88

RE: Terminal Window Modifications At DIA

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:43 am

Mark - this will definitely affect Terminal shooting at DEN - the problem is, shooting through glass, any glass, takes away quality and slightly distorts images, I'm guessing that it will be an adhesive 'seran wrap' sort of thing and could possibly bubble, then we're all screwed.

Nice to hear from you!

Vitaly
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

2912n

RE: Terminal Window Modifications At DIA

Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:50 am

Most add on things like this are similar to window tint. It makes the glass much like auto safety glass and keeps large shards from flying out.