KaiGywer
Crew
Topic Author

Better Chance If First Pic?

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:05 am

I am going to Aspen on Tuesday, and noticed that there are no pics in the database of XJ Avros there. Will my pics have a better chance of getting accepted because of this?
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

RE: Better Chance If First Pic?

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:11 am

Why a better chance, I think you dont get "priority" or "good" chances to get an image accepted just because there was no photo of this airline / airplane at that airport. If the quality is there it will pass, if not you'll get it rejected.

regards, Florian

beechcraft

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:17 am

Hi,

from the add photos page:

"We have lower rejection levels for rare shots (old, brand new, special paint scheme, accident, special situations etc).
Even "normal" aircraft from the bigger airlines can be rare (check registration - does it exist in the database?)."

Maybe i´m wrong, but doesn´t that mean, there is a better chance of acceptance???

regards,

Denis
That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!

EGGD

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:20 am

No,

It applies to new registrations/paint scemes/accidents/unusual angles/spectacular views etc. Not just a first picture of an airline serving an airport (unless its say, an A380 serving Washington or something crazy).

Staffan

Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:28 am

To me, a rare photo is a photo of something that is very unlikely to be photographed again, maybe because it's a one time situation that won't happen again in the near future, or a subject that doesn't exist anymore.

Isn't there a difference bewteen rare and unique? Some will imply that a certain aircraft at a certain airport at a certain angle at a certain time of day is a rare photo because there are no such examples on this site. Unique yes, rare.... I wouldn't think so.

Staffan