N612UA
Topic Author

Best Scanner And Digital Camera For Spotting

Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:04 pm

I just wanted to know what is the Best scanner and digital camera for spotting that does not cost alot? I have a cannon powershot s110 digital camera now not that good for spotting.

thanks

schweizair

RE: Best Scanner And Digital Camera For Spotting

Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:23 pm

The HP Photosmart 735 3.2 megapixel camera is great. It cost me only $199 and can be found in most camera shops. The camera uses an SD card slot, runs on two AA batteries and has a flash. The zoom is 3x power and it has a view screen. The best part is you can shoot in auto or manually adjust the settings such as white light or the F-stop. My favorite part is the voice recorder. You read that right. When you take a picture, you can hold the shutter down and quickly mention, for example, the plane's make and model and the date. It's a fantastic camera and consider this: most Japanese models will cost almost $300 for the exact same features. It takes awesome pictures and is very reliable. I've had mine for a year and a half and it has never failed me. Hope this helps. The HP 3900 series scanner is less than $100 and scans pictures quite accurately. Also consider looking at Epson scanners as well. The only reason most people would choose a Kodak digital camera is the powerful lens, which is 4x when 99% of the other companies use only a 3x lens. However, I honestly don't know if the extra lens power is worth the money. Most Kodak digital cameras with 3 megapixels cost about $300 but they lack the voice recorder and might not have manual settings.

Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:46 pm

I have a Canon Powershot S20 very "old", about 3 years. Disadvantage is that it takes a long time till pic is taken.

N612UA
Topic Author

Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:02 am

Thanks alot for the help.
Mike

syncmaster

Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:44 pm

Try the Canon PowerShot G5, I paid $507 for mine from NewEgg.com with free shipping.