1world
Topic Author

Any Panasonic FZ10 Users?

Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:18 am

I am thinking of buying this camera in a few weeks and will be doing a fair amount of aviation photography and just wanted to know if anyone else is using this camera.

This camera has :4mp, 12x optical zoom, f2.8, image stabalized.

It would be great to see some pictures on here taken with that camera.

Thanks for reading my post.
YYZ spotter

gmonney

RE: Any Panasonic FZ10 Users?

Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:43 am

Whats the price for it..?? if its less than $800 go for it...not a bad looking camera...just that there are a lot higher MP camera's out there....even my 5MP is on the edge of becoming old!!

Grant
Drive it like you stole it!

1world
Topic Author

Any Panasonic FZ10 Users?

Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:39 am

Hey Grant,

This camera actually retails in the YYZ area for about $1000.00 but I can order it from the US for $800.00 CAD after tax.

Their are a lot of higher MPH cameras but they don't have the same features as this one. I have seen pictures at full zoom which includes the digital zoom and they look great, little to no noise.

I have been looking for a while and have to decide sometime.

I will also pick up an extra battery and a teleconference for this camera when I do buy it.

Keep up the great picture taking. Do you ever take the camera into work at AC?

Miguel
YYZ spotter

airhead711

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:42 am

I was thinking about getting an FZ10 about 2 months ago.I decided instead to get a used Canon D60 off Ebay.It does look like a pretty good camera though.Check this site for some photos taken with this camera.

http://www.cactuswings.com/

Scott

1world
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:43 pm

AIRHEAD711,

The cactus wings photos don't give the camera any justice. I have seen great aviation photos with this camera and so far I am impressed.

Sorry about this line "Their are a lot of higher MPH cameras" in my last post as it should be "mp (megapixel)". I must have pressed the wrong button in the spell check feature. For some reason It doesn't display what the buttons are as they are all blank so I have to guess.

Thanks for all the feedback.
YYZ spotter

garuda

Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:41 pm

1world,

I'm a proud user of FZ-10. You can see the result below

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Johannes Arianto

It is a great camera for the price I paid. Bought it in Singapore for S$935 (US$550). The extra battery cost me S$75 (US$44). The original Panasonic teleconverter 1.5X (not teleconference I believe) cost around S$600, but my friend managed to modify his FZ-10 with Olympus TCON17 (1.7X), with the additional adapter for S$240, with the equal quality.

The minus points of FZ-10 IMHO are: noisy on indoor (unless external flash is used), tricky metering at non-ideal lighting condition and slow focus (to my standard, since I'm used to SLR focusing speed). Well, the slow focus is the reason why I upgraded to Nikon D70, and having owned a Nikon SLR system for 9 years, it is a clear choice. However, after trying out both cameras yesterday, I decided to keep the FZ-10 as my second camera and sell my film SLR instead. The compact size of FZ-10 (for camera with 35-420mm lens) is a very plus point when I need to travel light.

JA

1world
Topic Author

RE: YYZ Spotting March 27th

Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:03 am

Garuda,

Thanks for your post and yes its teleconverter lens. I was having some spell check problems.

I have read from others that its actually a pretty quick camera. The write time is quick and allows for quick burst shots.

Thanks for all the feedback.
YYZ spotter