Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1world
Topic Author

Any Panasonic FZ10 Users?

Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:18 am

I am thinking of buying this camera in a few weeks and will be doing a fair amount of aviation photography and just wanted to know if anyone else is using this camera.

This camera has :4mp, 12x optical zoom, f2.8, image stabalized.

It would be great to see some pictures on here taken with that camera.

Thanks for reading my post.

gmonney

RE: Any Panasonic FZ10 Users?

Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:43 am

Whats the price for it..?? if its less than $800 go for it...not a bad looking camera...just that there are a lot higher MP camera's out there....even my 5MP is on the edge of becoming old!!

Grant

1world
Topic Author

Any Panasonic FZ10 Users?

Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:39 am

Hey Grant,

This camera actually retails in the YYZ area for about $1000.00 but I can order it from the US for $800.00 CAD after tax.

Their are a lot of higher MPH cameras but they don't have the same features as this one. I have seen pictures at full zoom which includes the digital zoom and they look great, little to no noise.

I have been looking for a while and have to decide sometime.

I will also pick up an extra battery and a teleconference for this camera when I do buy it.

Keep up the great picture taking. Do you ever take the camera into work at AC?

Miguel

airhead711

Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:42 am

I was thinking about getting an FZ10 about 2 months ago.I decided instead to get a used Canon D60 off Ebay.It does look like a pretty good camera though.Check this site for some photos taken with this camera.

http://www.cactuswings.com/

Scott

1world
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:43 pm

AIRHEAD711,

The cactus wings photos don't give the camera any justice. I have seen great aviation photos with this camera and so far I am impressed.

Sorry about this line "Their are a lot of higher MPH cameras" in my last post as it should be "mp (megapixel)". I must have pressed the wrong button in the spell check feature. For some reason It doesn't display what the buttons are as they are all blank so I have to guess.

Thanks for all the feedback.

garuda

Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:41 pm

1world,

I'm a proud user of FZ-10. You can see the result below

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Johannes Arianto

It is a great camera for the price I paid. Bought it in Singapore for S$935 (US$550). The extra battery cost me S$75 (US$44). The original Panasonic teleconverter 1.5X (not teleconference I believe) cost around S$600, but my friend managed to modify his FZ-10 with Olympus TCON17 (1.7X), with the additional adapter for S$240, with the equal quality.

The minus points of FZ-10 IMHO are: noisy on indoor (unless external flash is used), tricky metering at non-ideal lighting condition and slow focus (to my standard, since I'm used to SLR focusing speed). Well, the slow focus is the reason why I upgraded to Nikon D70, and having owned a Nikon SLR system for 9 years, it is a clear choice. However, after trying out both cameras yesterday, I decided to keep the FZ-10 as my second camera and sell my film SLR instead. The compact size of FZ-10 (for camera with 35-420mm lens) is a very plus point when I need to travel light.

JA

1world
Topic Author

RE: YYZ Spotting March 27th

Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:03 am

Garuda,

Thanks for your post and yes its teleconverter lens. I was having some spell check problems.

I have read from others that its actually a pretty quick camera. The write time is quick and allows for quick burst shots.

Thanks for all the feedback.