Being a screener I can say that these shots are always difficult to screen.
Generally speaking they are considered borderline for motivational reasons. On very rare occasions, we see it fit to accept one or two.
This is on the very simplfied criterion:
* Registration commonality/rareness
In my opinion, I would have followed the standard screening procedure and rejected your shot for bad motiv.
You shot may have been accepted if a couple of the following were true:
(Examples below to show you what we would consider to accept your shot)
* Quality was increased - i.e. sharper
* Wasn't cropped so much
* Showed far more crew waving
* Special markings on aircraft
* Rare/Old/Crashed aircraft
Respected users.... If my replies are useful, then by all means...