brubiac

Maastricht-Aachen Airport

Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:36 pm

Can someone give some info about MAA.

- the best places to take photos (in- and outside the airport)
- trafficreports
- best time to take photos, AM or PM

BRU a small airport in a big world.

Joge

RE: Maastricht-Aachen Airport

Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:37 pm

Take a look:

http://www.mst-aviation.nl

I've heard though, for most of the places you need ladders.

It's calm airport, but Britannia seems to fly quite a lot there (for maintenance?)

Also found this from the airport's site: "Op het dak van de vertrekhal is sinds kort het nieuwe luchthaventerras geopend"

So you have no ladders, you can always go to the terrace, I guess.  Big grin

-Joge
Bula!

brubiac

Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:57 pm

Thank you, Joge

The best a can do is taking a ladder or Cpn360 with me, he always has a ladder in his car. Big grin
BRU a small airport in a big world.

ZOOMER

Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:23 am

MST can have its moments. It certainly sees more activity during the Summer charter season. Ad-hoc cargo flights by AN-12 and AN-26 are not uncommon but tend to occur in waves (i.e. daily movements for several weeks then nothing for weeks or even months). Bizjet traffic has increased over the past year and can be quite interesting when there's something going on at the MECC in the city. Interesting aircraft visit the Schriener maintenance base and the MAAS paintshop from time to time. But bare in mind that this is not a daily occurrance. All in all, MST is a hit-and-miss type of place. Nevertheless, if you are in the neighbourhood you should always call in as you could be in for a pleasant surprise. The Britannia movements mentioned above are in connection with the paintshop and are NOT all that frequent. The best photo options are when runway 04 is in use, but as already mentioned steps are needed.