MerC
Topic Author

Rejection Help Please

Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:36 am

Hi !

Had this one rejected for badscan. Would like some help and/or advice how to hopefully fix it, or should I just get over it?  Confused

http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=040331_VST_SE_LHB_1_NM.jpg

BTW, lately I have not been able to link the long links that are divided into two lines correctly. I have used the "<" ">". Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
It's Scandinavian

A3204eva

RE: Rejection Help Please

Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:38 am

Yea it is a bit of a bad scan. I suggest either photoshop or neat image. Or both -that's what I do

A320 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

diezel

Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:46 am

In Photoshop I would crop tighter, then add some contrast, remove some brightness, sharpen (and fade a little), remove some blue -15 add some red +15.

What a cute little plane btw. I really like it!
Never be afraid of what you like. (Miles Davis)

INNflight

Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:36 pm

In general the image looks very nice, I would suggest to use neatimage... and sharpen the titles and the reg. a bit!

regards, Florian
Jet Visuals

sulman

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:11 pm

The image actually sharpens very nicely, but I'm not skilled enough in PS to get the colours to balance. There are some artifacts around the titles (the ink looks like it has run a little) but these go with a bit of gentle USM and hand - editing.

It's a lovely little aircraft.
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.

MerC
Topic Author

Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:04 am

Thank you guys for your help! I have reworked it and it looks much better than before. It is in the queue now.

Thanks

MerC  Smile
It's Scandinavian

MerC
Topic Author

Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:54 am

Instead of starting a new topic I will take it here.

I just had another photo rejected. That photo has been rejected about three times now, but with different reasons. I am puzzled. The two first rejections were badcameraangle, that I agree with. Had a hard time getting this one straight. But now, the last time, it got rejected for badexposure.  Confused
In the previous rejections there were no mentioning about badexposure. The photos are practically identical IMO.

I get pretty confused with different rejection reasons for practically the same photo. Now I have no clue what do to with it. Could it have been cause of different screeners, that would be pretty logic?

Here they are, take a look if you want and toss some advice my way.  Smile

Previous rejection: badcameraangle

http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=040331_VST_TC_API_1_NM.jpg

Current rejection: badexposure

http://airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=040331_VST_TC_API_2_NM.jpg

...Or should I just cry a little and then get over it?

Thanks,

MerC  Sad
It's Scandinavian

sulman

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:04 am

I'm a little puzzled about the badcameraangle rejection, it looks okay to me. Somebody more experienced will explain that I'm sure.

Badexposure seems a little more likely. The aircraft looks partially backlit, as if the sun is at the photographer's 4 O'clock position - the starboard side of the fuselage is just in shadow.

For what it's worth I think it's a terrific shot, and I'd be very proud of it. These are only minor things, and I don't think you could have done anything about it on the day.

Edit: Notice the difference with your Ryanair shot, which is beautiful, by the way:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Marcus Johnson

James

[Edited 2004-04-15 20:05:34]

[Edited 2004-04-15 20:11:16]
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.