planespotting

Tips For Tamron Lenses?

Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:28 am

I just recently purchased a Tamron AF 75-300mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro lens for my Canon Elan 7e (film). I have had pretty decent results using this, however i had worked with Canon EF lenses with image stabilizer in the past. Unfortunately being the poor college student I am i had to go with this lest costlier version. This lens has yielded good results, but not great i guess. Still waiting for the first accepted photo to be posted here. It seems like my images just come out either too dark or too blurry, even when it seems like there is sufficient light AND i use a tripod or some other sort of stablizing equipment. yeargh. Frustration. anyone have any ideas?
Do you like movies about gladiators?

INNflight

RE: Tips For Tamron Lenses?

Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:45 am

The only idea I have is that the Tamron 75-300 works very fine for me:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Florian Trojer - TCAS
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Florian Trojer - TCAS

I also would like to go for something bigger, like 100-400, but still I did not have the money.

regards, Florian
Jet Visuals

Airplanepics

Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:46 am

Hello!

I use the same lens as you, and find for the price it offers great results!
Although, I too have used L Glass and Image Stabiliszer lense's and I can tell the differernce. The tamron seems to make a picture darker. It can be easily touched up with photoshop though.

This picture was taken on a crap day, and the image was dark when I first uploaded it from the camera, but it can be easily changed:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Simon Nicholls

Where as these 2 came out fine, and I didnt need to edit the brightness/contrast:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Simon Nicholls

View Large View Medium

Photo © Simon Nicholls

Hope this helps,

Simon

EDIT - the only problem I seem to have is that it sometimes takes ages to focus, but most of the time its fine.

[Edited 2004-04-16 22:47:25]
Simon - London-Aviation.com

planespotting

Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:46 pm

thanks for the comments, i'll just have to keep taking more pictures  Smile but that won't be so bad..hehe
Do you like movies about gladiators?