Hannigan
Topic Author

Best Settings For Sony F828 @ SXM

Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:51 am

I will be borrowing my father's F828 for a trip to SXM this weekend and would like to get the BEST possible shots. I will do my best to find the best angles, but what about the camera settings? I have yet to get an approved airliners.net shot, but have three decent shots on MA.net. I need help.

MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Chris Hannigan
MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Chris Hannigan

MyAviation.net photo:
Photo © Chris Hannigan

Using the photos above as where I am now, what do I need to do to this camera to get great shots. I'm interested in movies too. Those appear to be very simple to make tho. Also, I heard sand blast can be a problem down there so what do you think is the best protection for the camera? Perhaps just a small bag? Don't want to ruin daddy's nice camera with sand.

Thanks in advance guys!
We got planes! We got gates! What the hell!

vafi88

RE: Best Settings For Sony F828 @ SXM

Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:00 am

I can guarantee you there is no "best" setting for your camera, the fact is, is that the 8mps crammed into the little sensor, making it grainy.

Choose 100 Iso, Go to shutter priority (S on the wheel), set shutter speed and exposure setting, depending on the weather. I'd use about 640-1000 on a good sunny day, on a less than perfect, I might consider going lower, always check your photos and adjust as necessary.
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

aviatortj

RE: Best Settings For Sony F828 @ SXM

Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:35 am

The 828 is next in line from the 717 and the 707 before that. Check this thread:
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviation_photography/read.main/127691/

__TJ__