Topic Author

How Do You Sell On Ebay?

Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:51 am

Has anyone here ever sold photos/prints on ebay? Is it profitable? How do you do it? And for a digital photo where there is no "negative" I suppose all you could sell is a print?

I haven't seen too many on there. I wonder if it even works, considering that there are seller fees. I'm thinking of all kinds of ideas for marketing my photos.

Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

RE: How Do You Sell On Ebay?

Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:54 am

I actually don't know about Ebay, but I also have a question about another site.

I know some of you are selling on some "transportation" site - can't remember what it is called exactly.

I wonder if it is profitable to sell prints there... is it allowed to sell digital prints there too?

Can you please give me the link to this website?

thanks, regards,
Jet Visuals

Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:04 am

You have to create an account using a credit card on ebay. They walk you through the whole process. You can also sign up for Paypal which is an easy way to receive payment. I have sold several items on Ebay and they usually sell for more than I imagine....Artie

Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:10 am

Florian, contact Joe Pries for all your questions.

Alderman Exit

Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:21 am

I am an eBay seller (bigdenx) and have over 1200 positive feedbacks. You may find a market for color slides that are unique. In order for something to be collectible it would have to be issued by the airline. Air Canada 747-100 postcards will fetch up to $20.00 ( CF-TOA, CF-TOB) as an example.
Enlargements framed from digital may sell. This database will satisfy a non-commercial user with no exposure as they can download as backgrounds etc. all day.
The big time items for the aviation enthusiast are souvenirs, rare models, silverware and china, wings, uniforms and caps, etc. To see an example go into eBay, hit "search" and enter "Air Canada". UNBELIEVABLE!
Happy bidding!
Never met a 747 I didn't like!

Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:44 am

Why not try

Brand new site, and unlike ebay, airlinehobby and auctiontransportation, it is completely free to list, and there are no fees to pay -- means more money in your pocket, and less in the pocket of the site owners.

I'm not connected with in any way, except that since I started listing, I have sold no less than 50 items which I couldn't even sell on ebay!

Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:53 am

I've set up an account on eBay with my dad's credit card, and have yet to make any profit off of the masses of Pokémon (GASP!) cards I still have from five years ago. If any of you know some gullible Japanese consumer that's interested in shiney pieces of hard paper, let me know. PLEASE!

God I hate those things...

INNflight/Florian: I don't believe I've seen any digital prints, but then again, I haven't exactly looked very hard.

What the FUTT?