n844aa

Possible Copyright Infringement

Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:26 am

I ran across this gallery of "Aviation Mishaps," all of which appear to be photographs taken from airliners.net:

http://justinu.smugmug.com/gallery/90936

I have no idea if permission was sought or obtained from the photographers, but I thought I would post this here as a heads-up. If these pictures are being used legitimately and/or with permission, please accept my apologies for the false alarm.
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

Go3Team

RE: Possible Copyright Infringement

Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:39 am

I would think they would have the original photo. The ones on that site, contain the footer at the bottom of the photo containing copyright info. They are also selling prints of the photo. I can't imagine any proceeds from the sale of the prints ever getting to the original photographer. If you put your mouse pointer over the picture, the name Justin Unger appears in a box. :confused:
Yay Pudding!

Dazed767

Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:45 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Daryl Chapman

They are airliners.net photos, and he did take them without permission. I sure hope he didn't sell any!!

Justin

mNeo

Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:21 am

Im no layer but i think scince he has the copyright violation on the bottom on what apears to be somesort of an personal/hobby photo album there is nothin wrong with that. just if i put my favorite pic from A.net on my personal site it woulnt make any diffrence