Brick
Topic Author

Would Like Current LGA/JFK Info And Advice

Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:10 am

I'm going to be visiting New York City next week for business and decided to tack on a couple of extra days to get some photography in.

(1) I've looked at Art Brett's site (http://www.anniebees.com) with LGA and JFK information. How current is this information? Has anything changed since it was written?

(2) Friday and Saturday (May 7-8) are the days I had planned on shooting some photos weather permitting. Anyone in the NYC area free those days to meet up?

(3) Anybody have a recommendation for a hotel near LGA? Doesn't have to be fancy-dancy, but I don't want another dump like I had to stay at before (Comfort Inn near LGA, July 2002). Preferrably I'd like it to be within walking distance of the subway in case I want to head to Manhattan in the event of bad weather.

(4) Though I'm totally prepared to rent a car while I'm there, anyway I can get around it? Are these photo locations accessible through public transportation/walking?

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Mark
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

southpaw8669

RE: Would Like Current LGA/JFK Info And Advice

Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:56 am

The info on Art's page is up to date, you should be able to shoot from any of those locations, I do. From time to time you might be stopped and asked for ID and then continue shooting.

At present I am free for those days.
@southpawcapture