Malaga (AGP) Photography

Sat May 01, 2004 7:23 am

I'm off to Malaga (AGP) at the end of July/beginning of August and was just wondering about local photography spots etc. I've been spotting at Tenerife South Airport last year (only for a little while though) and plan to make a few days out of it this year in Malaga.

Firstly, is it allowed?

Secondly, how often do the authorities come along and tell you to hop it?

Thirdly, how often do people get nicked at AGP? I really don't want to be arrested for aircraft photography in a foreign country if anywhere!!!!!!

Finally, where are good spots around AGP?

Haven't been there for two years, and unfortunately couldn't do any photography then :-(

RE: Malaga (AGP) Photography

Sat May 01, 2004 12:08 pm

Perhaps this link might help you:
EOS1D4, 7D, 30D, 100-400/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, 70-200/2.8 L IS2 USM, 17-40 f4 L USM, 24-105 f4 L IS USM, 85 f1.8 USM

Sun May 02, 2004 5:40 am

Thanks for that Spencer.

Think I might try and get along to Malaga. Does anyone know if photography and spotting is allowed by the authorities at Malaga? I really don't want to get into trouble when I'm abroad on my holiday, I know security must be pretty tight over there since the Madrid train bombings, but then again the security is pretty tight here at Heathrow.

Sun May 02, 2004 11:14 pm

I'll be at Malaga on the 15th of August for a day of spotting. From what I heard from colleagues, there are some spots where pictures can be taken.
On the mentioned site here above, you will also find usefull information.

Mon May 03, 2004 5:36 pm

I've seen some pretty good shots from AGP on the site, so there must be places to go for photography, and the authorities must allow it to some extent. However I do think they're going to be pretty strict because of all the security alerts after the Madrid Train Bombing...

Can anyone that frequently visits Malaga comment on this? I know I must sound stupid that I keep saying this, but I really don't want to get into trouble in a foreign country!!  Wow!

Tue May 04, 2004 6:51 pm

I was there in November last year and found a couple of interesting spots.

The GA / musuem is ok but it is worth going just to see the wrecked dc3 & B18
Limited views of GA ramp but the exec terminal does have an arrivals board giving details of exec movements/time/reg's etc and is very accurate.

It is also possible to spot from the inland end of the runway but a hire car will be needed.

There is village called Churriana that overlooks the airport and if you can find a parking space does give good views of the airport. A long lens would be needed to get the best results but all movements can be seen from here.

hope this helps

English First, British Second, european Never!

Tue May 04, 2004 9:28 pm

When I was departing on an Easyjet flight back in October I saw a photographer about 100yds from the taxiway, resting his camera on door frame of a black SUV. Looked like quite a sweet spot!

The terminal itself has tinted glass, and the piers (which protrude at right-angles to the main building) obscure most of the view of the runway.

There is a main road at the coastal end, but the aircraft reach about 500 feet by the time they're overhead (South seems to be the prevailing departure direction) and I would assume it's hard to get any meaningful shots.

Delightful place anyway, I'm going in June  Smile

It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.

Wed May 05, 2004 1:19 am

Oh well, I will try to get some photography in on my holiday at the end of June. I'm sure it won't be a problem, and we will have a hire car so should be all ok  Smile