codeshare

New Feature When Uploading

Sat May 01, 2004 8:21 pm

OK, so you've filled all the info and clicked on submit.
Then you're on the next page and decide you don't want to upload the photo.

How about a button "I do not wish to upload"??

(as part of self-screening)
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

Skymonster

RE: New Feature When Uploading

Sat May 01, 2004 8:26 pm

Just close the browser window - it doesn't get put into the screening queue until you click on the button at the bottom of that second page.

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

codeshare

Sat May 01, 2004 9:05 pm

Yes, OK, but that way I have to open the upload page again.
After pressing the proposed button, I will return to the upload page.
(I know it's only a few mouseclicks  Big grin )

[Edited 2004-05-01 14:05:37]
How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

flybhx

Sat May 01, 2004 9:38 pm

wouldn't the back button do the job and take you back to file select?

JeffM

Sat May 01, 2004 10:34 pm

Pressing the "Back" button works for me. If your going to take the time to fill out the entire upload page, surely it cannot be that difficult to press one or two more buttons to try again?...

flumuc

Sat May 01, 2004 10:36 pm

Why would you fill out the first page at all if you´re not 100% sure you want to upload that picture?!  Confused

747 4-ever

Sat May 01, 2004 10:44 pm

You might select the wrong file on the first page, and when you see the thumbnail, you want to go back and change the file.

wietse

Sat May 01, 2004 10:52 pm

The big problem here is this: You select a picture you want to upload and you arrive at page number 2. There you decide you want to ditch it. You can just close the screen, go back 2 pages or whatever.

That will solve it for you, but A.net still has that image on its server, and it stays there for a LONG time. Now if there was a button that takes you back to the first page, but at the same time deletes that wrong image, A.net servers would have less space abuse.

Wietse
Wietse de Graaf

INNflight

Sun May 02, 2004 12:20 am

A good idea IMO would be a feature that shows you exactly the images you have in the Q when you are on the "Check your photo stats" site!

It sometimes happen ( at least to me  Smile) that I upload an image, and some days after that I don't think it is worth getting in the database, no matter why. So a button to delete the image(s) from the photo stats site would be very useful... and would maybe bring down the Q  Insane

regards, Florian
Jet Visuals

andrewuber

Sun May 02, 2004 12:41 am

Why would you go through all of the effort of getting to page two only to change your mind on uploading a photo? I really don't get it! Why would you even bother to enter in all the info, select the image, and proceed to the second page if you think the photo is marginal or for some other reason you don't want it uploaded?

Now we're starting to see why there's the upload limit. If people are uploading everything without much thought (I think the term is "card-dumping"), that chokes up the queue with photos that even the photographer himself (or HERself) knows is marginal. Then we all have to wait a few more days to get our decent shots uploaded.

Personally, I have a folder in my computer that I call "airliners.net uploads". As I edit my photos, I drag them into that folder and they sit there until I upload them. Right before I sit down to upload, I'll go through the folder, view each photo in Internet Explorer, and critique it. If it passes, it stays in that folder. If not, it gets deleted and I start over from the RAW image. Once I upload a particular file, I'll drag it into my "Uploaded" folder. Simple.

And Florian, your idea is awesome, I wish airliners.net had that feature! I upload to railpictures.net (see http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?name=AndrewUber), and they do have that feature. But even there - once it's in the queue, it's going to be screened - there's no backing out!

The moral of the story is - make sure you're uploading good quality photos. If you're not absolutely sure - do all of us a favor and don't waste the screeners time.

DREW

[Edited 2004-05-01 17:48:23]
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

maiznblu_757

Sun May 02, 2004 12:50 am

On one occasion, I accidentally uploaded the wrong photo. It would be nice to allow us to go back to fix that.