PLEASE...read through the forums for hints of post processing before you begin uploading. If you don't you will become frustrated very quickly with a stack of rejection emails. Take some time to learn how to post process your photos!!!!!!!
An inexpensive program like Photoshop Elements or one of the LE editions of Photoshop that comes free with many cameras/scanners etc will do you just fine.
As a very basic primer...
1. Study photos that have been uploaded recently. Honestly compare them to your photos.
2. Go out and have fun taking photos.
3. Download to your computer and look at each photo with a criticial eye. Select the BEST photo.
4. Crop/resize the photo. For now stick with the 1024x7xx size.
5. Apply some Unsharp Mask. (USM
) There are many different techniques that you can use with USM
. I prefer to stay low on the numbers and apply several passes as the photo requires. (50/.3./0)
6. Adjust brightness/contrast etc. Curves in photoshop is a great and powerful tool.
7. When you are done look at the photo with a VERY critical eye.
For a start you may want to put the photo on myaviation.net and post it here in the forums asking opinions. You will get help in your specific needs that way.