maiznblu_757

Cause Of Photos 'Matte' Finish Look

Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:21 pm

Hey guys.

Just a quick question regarding the look of my photos as of late. I would just like to know if it’s an issue with the camera/settings/environment issue. It seems every time I go shooting now, I get back home and notice my photos have an overwhelmingly different look to them. Its almost as if they have a matte finish look to them. They are not bright as bright looking as they were. After I go thru them, I realize that maybe 5 out of 30 shots are worth anything. I did not have this issue when I first began shooting with my camera (this past winter), then again that may be the answer to my problem. Back when I first began shooting it was in the winter months, it was cooler and the sun was lower in the sky.

It’s probably a cause from the high sun/heat haze, but I am just making sure. I would appreciate any input.

IL76

RE: Cause Of Photos 'Matte' Finish Look

Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:32 pm

I think you answered your question, yes.  Big grin
In summer, if the sun is shining, I don't bother going to the airport between 11am and 4pm (unless something REALLY special is expected to come). The sun is too high and there's always a massive heat haze. Shots are bland and hazy. Especially when using large focal lengths...
It's just the time of the year Chad...  Sad
Eduard