chris78cpr

FRA Observation Deck.

Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:17 pm

I have just read in a thread that the photography deck in AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA is closing in August. Is this true??? Why is this??? Will it reopen???

I had planned to go there in August and shoot from there so i'd like to know when it shuts also.

Thanks,

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

QANTAS077

RE: FRA Observation Deck.

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:26 pm

yes it is shutting, there are lots of good other spots at frankfurt!

this is about the 5th topic on the deck, it's closing so LH can expand the senator lounge, T2 deck wont open and hasnt since 9/11, US airlines will not fly in if T2 deck is opened.

Skymonster

Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:32 pm

Anything that increases the size of the Senator lounge is a good thing IMHO  Smile

Andy (Star Allaince Gold)
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:52 am

I heard that US airlines will stop landing at LHR soon unless they flatten the whole of Hounslow and large areas of west London, including Myrtle Avenue. Personally, I don't have a problem with this. Sounds like a good idea.  Wink/being sarcastic

I'm transitting AB) (FRA / FRF / EDDF), Germany">FRA on friday and monday and am wishing I were like skymonster and had gold instead of measly silver Star Alliance status.

Advice to anyone building up their status miles on BMI. Fly Lufthansa via Germany and you get more points. London to Madrid direct with BMI in economy - 800 points. Via Germany with LH and/or Spanair in economy - 3368 points. And it's not much more expensive - £160.