Time has come again for Airliners.net to advertise for new photo screeners. A thousand or more photos are added daily and we need to expand to be able to handle the load. You've all seen the size of the upload-queue lately and a long queue is bad for photographers and Airliners.net alike.
So, with no further ado, here's the requirements. A position as a screener on Airliners.net is an important one and therefore, the requirements are high:
- You need to have uploaded to Airliners.net for some time and understand what we're looking for in photos. You probably have quite a lot of photos already in our database and have very few rejections.
- Lots and lots of spare time for all foreseeable future. Screening is a time demanding business and we need to be able to count on your ability to screen on average at least about an hour every day. You need to make photo screening on Airliners.net part of your aviation hobby.
- Ability to work in a group and abide to the decisions taken by the group. The screening on Airliners.net is conducted by rules that all photo screeners have to follow whether you like them or not. You are a mature team player and when you feel you have problems with another crew member you work actively to resolve it and do not spend time on childish bickering.
- When the going gets tough, the Airlines.net screeners gets going. We need to be able to depend on you in the good times but especially in the bad times. When the queue is never ending and the harsh comments from photographers are everywhere we need you to stick to the job and don't give up.
- Total integrity. You will treat all photos by all photographers the same. You may like or dislike particular photographers but that should not be mirrored in your screening. The good reputation of Airliners.net is dependent on a screening crew with integrity and just screening.
- When you work on Airliners.net you give us 100%. You may not do similar work on competing sites. You are also an individual to be trusted. You should be able to keep sensitive information to yourself.
- Not be afraid to speak up. A rejection or acceptance that you do not agree with should be discussed on the screener mailinglist. It is important that you are willing to say your mind in a constructive manner whenever you disagree with the decisions taken by other screeners.
- You absolutely love aviation photography. Don't apply for the status or crew membership. We want you to be with us in the long run and totally enjoy screening. For that to work aviation photography needs to be an important part of your life.
Please note: We only want you application if you are able to fulfill all the above requirements.
As a photo screener you will be part of the crew of the biggest aviation website on the Internet with over 100,000 people visiting every day. You will get a crew account with First Class access free. Being a photo screener also means you get to see a heck of a lot of aviation photos from all over the world and you'll be the first one to see all the new stuff.
Sounds interesting? Don't hesitate to apply, we need you!
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include some short information about yourself and how you match up to the requirements listed above.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Johan & the screening crew