futterman

Photoshop Color Settings

Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:10 am

Hey All

My PS7's been showing some pretty interesting colors, and it's a problem that I would like to rectify quickly. I'm going through Edit>Color Settings (SHIFT+CTRL+K), and I don't know which one--after experimenting with all--to choose.

For instance, a screenshot of the A.net homepage looks fine, all the colors are normal in other programs, but in PS, the light blues turn out to be teal.

Confused

Is there any sort of profile to download? I'm running ME on an HP Pavilion MX70 (CRT).

Brian
What the FUTT?

vafi88

RE: Photoshop Color Settings

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:22 pm

Get CS

(Futterman - HAHA)
I'd like to elect a president that has a Higher IQ than a retarted ant.

Karlok

Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:02 pm

What kind of color profile are you using right now?

ckw

Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:31 pm

Color settings in PS can be a bit of a nightmare - ESPECIALLY if you start playing with all the options!

What I suspect you've done is selected a working colorspace but also selected not to convert imported images to the working colorspace (which I think is possible with PS7).

Any decent PS book will have at least one chapter on color management (or check the web) and this is something which should be understood before tinkering, 'cause it is possible to get it very wrong. It is also important to read about colour management for the particular version of PS you are using, as this is an area which Adobe seems to alter in each new release (making it simpler thank God!).

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel