KCmike
Topic Author

What Camera Should I Buy?

Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:16 pm

I am a rookie at aviation photography, i am not very serious about and have a small Kodack Digital camera that I take loads of pictures with. I like them but theyre not near the quality of the fantastic shots in this site. I am beginning to get serious about the photography and im wondering what camera type i "rookie" like me should get thats not too complicated to operate or detailed but yet takes quality pictures for a reasonable price.
Thanks!
Mike
Cleared for the option...

kc7mmi

RE: What Camera Should I Buy?

Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:34 pm

I just bought a Nikon N75 from Cameta cameras in NY for $300...which includes a 28-80mm lens and a extended warantee package. It's a film SLR camera but perfect for the novice...and professionals like it too, as a backup. I haven't received it yet but the reviews for it are promising. Go to http://photographyreview.com and you can read up about all the different cameras. As for getting your photos on a.net, you'll need to scan the negatives, either by buying a scanner or having your photo lab scan them to CD. Refrain from buying cheap digital cameras, they'll give you nothing but heartache.

kc7mmi

RE: What Camera Should I Buy?

Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:39 pm

You don't need to go thru ebay, but here's how I found Cameta selling the camera:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15238&item=3832000452&rd=1

There are plenty of other good cameras around too. Just shop around and you can usually find a good deal. Buy new from a factory dealer whenever possible.