Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Camus Tseng

Obviously the hit counter is not working  Nuts

Sam
For more of myself and my flight reviews visit http://www.SamChui.com

Rotate

RE: An Underrated Shot

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:51 pm

well, the db is full of underated shots ... , i gave up looking for hits. its the normal procedure:

- cabinshots - WOW
- airportoverview - WOW
- cockpitshots - WOW

check also my signature, a lot of people keep pluggin their own shots, like hell for getting more views, even if it is again a totaly average picture ...

anyway, with pics flooding the db like today there are a lot pics just going under, which would have deserved much more hits .....

Robin
ABC

Q330

Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:35 pm

Wow, I love the lighting in that shot. Good work!!  Big thumbs up

-Q
Long live the A330!

pepef

Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:31 pm

Rotate wrote: "check also my signature, a lot of people keep pluggin their own shots, like hell for getting more views, even if it is again a totaly average picture ..."

I checked your signature and also noticed you have compiled 2 new photo albums made from your own shots exclusively after adding that signature.

Kind of takes some of the emphasis away from your sig.

-Peter F-

ChrisH

Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:46 pm

People aren't forced to visit his albums though. Big difference there.
what seems to be the officer, problem?

Rotate

Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:48 pm

hi peter,

well plugging and doing photoalbums is different, if you ask me .... , but well you see it different. guess 90% of the photogs have a photalbum in their profile. even you have a exclusively photalbum of your your cockpit shoots in your profile, which I think is very nice. But i would never put you into the Plugmaster category, anyway I guess you are arguing that way, cause I have posted cockpit shots as highhitters -WOW , i might be wrong though ....

Robin
ABC

pepef

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:12 pm

I'm not criticizing you Rotate,

I just happen to think that plugging and photo albums are both a way to increase your own hits. Most of us like hits although not everyone may admit as much.

The pluggers posts don't bother me. I just skip them mostly.

Except when someone (like Sam) plugs someone e l s e ' s shot. Those shots are usually worth a second glance.

-Peter F-

sulman

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:31 pm

Gentlemen,

All this self-righteous rubbish is really starting to get a little nauseating. This a photography forum. What do you think we should discuss? Bread-baking? Making cakes? Last night's television?

There are some good pictures out there. If the photographer wants to plug them, or somebody else does, more power to them. Robin and Peter - you're both first-rate photographers, yet you happen to have different views on self-gloss. So what? We're all in the same hobby, and we're all here for much the same reason: To share our work.

I think it's a great picture, and I'm glad I've seen it, and I'd like to do something similar myself.

Is that so bad?

Cheers

James
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.

PUnmuth@VIE

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:32 pm

I think the photo-albums are not as much visited as the forums are. Most of the albums have special "themes" which makes searching for special photos or categories a bit easier.
Plugging someone else's shot is not as bad i think. With some Elbonians exceptions of course, but this seems to have stopped now
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/non_aviation/read.main/610405/
Oh and before someone else mentions it yes i did it also (the self-plugging) but i have stopped with it some time ago.
-

chris78cpr

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:41 pm

Sam,

Thats a great shot!!! Cheers for pointing it out. I got a similar lighting style on my recently uploaded malaysian 744 shot at LHR! It's lovely when the lighting hits it like that!!!

Camus Tseng has got some totally blinding images!!! His night shots are really enjoyable! Cheers for pointing out an excellent photographer!

Cheers all!

Chris
5D2/7D/1D2(soon to be a 1Dx) 17-40L/24-105L/70-200F2.8L/100-400L/24F1.4LII/50F1.2L/85F1.2LII

N178UA
Topic Author

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:58 pm

If you don't want to plug yourself, get a mate to plug it for you  Nuts  Big thumbs up

Sorry that was a joke! Plugging will never end, I suppose if someone is incredibly proud of themselves, then it is an occasion worth of celebration and plug! If someone does that over and over, it became unnecessary and annoying.

For Cockpit, Overview shots, some of those are incredibly hard to take and rare (not many inflight banking approach shot, like Pepef's)
While some are just easy and junky (like my  Big grin )

From time to time I look at some exotic locations, and often found a treasure load of "wow" photos. A few major airports which are home to many A.net photographers are very disappointing, always the same angle, same sequence, predictable stuff. I won't name any to hurt anyone. There are possibilities everywhere these days with DSLR.

Sam
For more of myself and my flight reviews visit http://www.SamChui.com

Dehowie

Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:10 pm

Nice spot Sam.
With a way this site works its very easy for excellent shots to never really be seen by everyone as they disappear into the DB.
I am quite happy for a plug of something which is well worth looking at as simply don't have the time to sit here for hours on end.
More than happy to look at nice shots and nice to see Sam picked a goody.
Darren
2EOS1DX,EF14.2.8LII,17TS,85/1.2,16-35L,24-70LII,24L,70-200F2.8LII,100-400,300/400/500/800L