Help With Air To Air

Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:03 am

I'd appreciate some assistance with the following pictures. I'm using an Olympus C-740, and frankly thought I had all the bases covered on this run. They turned out to be some of my best work, and certainly the best air to air I've managed so far. Apparently the screeners didn't think as much of them.

I hate to sound like I'm complaining, but I honestly can't see why these photos were rejected whilst some of my others have not been. It's especially disheartening to go through all the trouble of arranging an air-to-air shoot, get rather good results for my own experience, and have the screeners just flick them away with the click of a mouse. Sometimes I think I should just stick to flying the things and be satisfied with that. I appealed the feathered shot, because I haven't seen that many air-to-air shots with a secured engine, but I assume Johan didn't care for it, as it is no longer in the appeal queue, even though I received no email with an answer. Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Jeff C.

[Edited 2004-09-11 02:16:24]

RE: Help With Air To Air

Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:40 am

They all look a bit grainy and a tad soft. Try and use a smaller ISO.

PS: I love the air to air shots. All my photos here are air to air.

Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:15 pm

They are awfully grainy...... what camera settings do you use? What do you do with it in processing?
Bruce Leibowitz - Jackson, MS (KJAN) - Canon 50D/100-400L IS lens

Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:30 pm

Try uploading your images at a size of 1024. You could go larger if your images are crystal clear but yours are not. The larger the size you use the more you expose any faults in the photograph.

You haven't said what reason the Screener gave for the rejection. Apart from the very grainy texture I think a few are edging toward badsoft.

Try spending a little more time editing them at no more than 1024x768.

Good luck.

Etihad Girl, You're a great way to fly.

Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:35 pm

Clean 'em up with NeatImage, resize down, resubmit.

NeatImage is your friend if you use it right...
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!