UTA_flyinghigh

New Konica Minolta Dynax 7D Revealed!

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:45 pm

An alternative to Canon and Nikon  Smile

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091504km7d.asp

It will be intersting to see their pricing strategy as they arriving in this market at a late stage and a long time after the established players (CAnon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma) have gained a strong foothold.

Your thoughts ?

Will
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

Staffan

RE: New Konica Minolta Dynax 7D Revealed!

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:54 pm

A bit late, many people have already switched to other brands and I don't think many will switch back.

Staffan

ckw

RE: New Konica Minolta Dynax 7D Revealed!

Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:03 pm

On the surface, a very attractive option, esp. as 2nd hand Minolta lenses are in abundant supply at good prices. Given that many who jumped on the 300D when it came out may only have one or two lenses (and not necessarily good ones), I think the Minolta could still be a viable upgrade route.

I think this camera, and what ever Olympus come up with, will be the most interesting elements of Photokina ... Nikon D2X will be out of reach for most, Pentax and Canon ... well, to be honest, nothing innovative here (don't get me wrong - the 20D looks like a great camera, just no surprises). And the Fuji S3- seems to be a fair bit of disappointment with this.

Oh, yes, almost forgot there will also be a new Sigma which may have some surprises.

Cheers,

Colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel