MIA777

Monitor Geometry

Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:11 am

Hi, the shape of my CRT monitor is severely distorted. The bottom left flares out. I have tried to fool around with the monitor settings, but nothing is working. I always though the monitor itself actually saves these settings in its own memory, but is there any way for the computer to export some sort of "reset" or default setting to the monitor? Or does anyone have a different solution? Thanks.

Ryan Kaskel - MIA
MIA777

wietse

RE: Monitor Geometry

Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:05 am

Any setting your monitor might have in terms of size, shape, color etc etc, are set within your monitor. Your computer does not control any of these settings.

What you need is the 'pincushion' effect. Doesn't that work?
Wietse de Graaf

spacecadet

Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:03 pm

Mia777 - are you one of the screeners? See, this is one thing that worries me, that some of the screeners may not have their own equipment set up properly for viewing pictures. (e.g. geometry problems, convergence problems, lack of color management, etc.)

Some CRT's have geometry settings, some don't. Some have more than others. It depends on what market the monitor is positioned at - professional, home user, etc. A pro monitor will have all sorts of settings and you'll be able to set the bottom left pincushion separately from the other corners. Many monitors only have a "master" pincushion setting, though, that controls all corners at once. Obviously, if your monitor is like this, or if you have no pincushion adjustment at all, you're SOL.

None of this stuff can be changed in the computer itself.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

MIA777

Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:12 pm

Obviously I'm a responsible screener as well and don't use that monitor to screen. It does have geometry settings, pincushion, trapezoid, etc., etc. The problem however was resolved and I found the right settings.
MIA777

mightyfalcon

Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:27 pm

Hello guys,

Though a bit off topic, I have a question for you; I recently replaced my CRT with a LCD monitor and I was wondering if I could use the same calibration software (provided on the add photo page) on the latter.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
MightyFalcon
The sky has no limit...