jakbar

New England Spotting Advice Sought

Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:50 am

I've gotta drive my wife to Cape Cod for the weekend of 10/16-10/17, but I have no intention of sitting idly at the hotel while she is off at her seminar. I'm trying to figure out whether I should drive somewhere for a day of spotting on Saturday 10/16, but I have no familiarity with New England. I would think that PVD and BOS would be the closest major airports, but I may be totally wrong. I also have absolutely no idea of what smaller airports are in the vicinity of Falmouth, MA, which is where we're staying.

I'm looking for some advice on what I should consider doing for that Saturday. I'll obviously have access to a car, and I'm willing to drive a little to enjoy a nice day of spotting. It goes without saying that if there are any locals who would like to meet up for a day of spotting, I'm all up for it.

I'm also looking for advice on whether there are any flightseeing tours that might be worth taking on Sunday 10/17. Again, I'll have all day to do whatever, and I was thinking it might be nice to explore the Cape by air.

Josh