karan69

Spotting And Camera Help

Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:23 am

Hi guys,i need your help-please take a look at the pictures below, it was taken by a sony dsc-f505 with a 10x Digital zoom as yoll can make out the resolution is not that clear and i would like ur help in helping me decide which camera to buy with the appropriate zoom lens -keeping in mind that the runway is about 150-250 meters and i would like to be able to capture the registrations of the aircraft clearly-
I am looking at the Canon EOS300D or any other yoll suggest with the zoom-my budget is 1200-1500 USD to a maximum.

MyAviation.net photo:

Photo © Karan Bindra
MyAviation.net photo:

Photo © Karan Bindra

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is one place from where i can take pictures of BOM[a rarity] without any trouble
Thanks in advance for your suggestions

[Edited 2004-10-25 22:26:58]

clickhappy

RE: Spotting And Camera Help

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:44 am

for 1500 US you should be able to pick up a nice entry-level DSLR and something like a 70-300 lens, take a look over @ dpreview.com they have a ton of info on cameras. Start with the Nikon D70 or the Canon 300D.

LHSebi

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:56 am

Indeed, a 300D with the Canon 75-300 IS lens would be a good start. Have a look at my profile, and there is a link to my photos. All photos were taken with the 300D, and most with the 75-300. It's a great package for an entry-level photographer.

Sebastian
I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

maiznblu_757

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:57 am

Well, I have been a photographer for 15 plus years. My first "real" camera was the Minolta 700si. I then converted to digital (300D w/ L glass). A lot of people don't feel the 300D is a "real" camera for various reasons. I have heards them all. "Its plastic", "Its not Black" etc...

Truth is, its a great camera. I am buying the 20D in a couple months just because I need a second body and I like a couple features it has.

Oh yea, the 20D weighs slightly less than the 300D.  Big grin

karan69

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:31 pm

Thanks a lot guys for ur help