sesd97

Very Interesting Shot ....but Need Help!

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:43 am

Hi Friends,

I don't usually post one of these "please help me with rejection shots"  Innocent !
but, ..... I really like this image  Nuts (see link below)

It's kind of unique in that you never see this type of condensation forming on the engine cowlings ..... Unfortunately, it's a tad SOFT, and this is about the best rendition I could come up with..... Yeah sure

Please help with any suggestions ....  Crying

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=1015nas5ba.jpg

thx, Shaun

EGGD

RE: Very Interesting Shot ....but Need Help!

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:53 am

Sorry motion blur/out of focus kills it, there's no chance of salvaging it to a.net quality even if you do find it interesting. Sorry! Keep at it, you'll get one eventually and it'll be something more amazing than this  Big grin.

Cheers

Dan

sesd97

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:06 am

thx Dan,

Yeah, I was just trying to psych myself out of thinking BLUR (aahhhhhh)!!

But hey, I can console myself in the fact that this Jet was going just under the speed of sound ...... directly over my head !!

Next time ....1/2000 !!! Shaun

EGGD

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am

Practice makes perfect!

N317AS

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:48 am

Shaun,

Good shot. I love the blues and condensation gives it the feel of action. I've got one from Miramar with the F-16 in a High G turn looking right up it's butt with afterburner blazing and alot of vapor coming off it's wings. Unfortunately I think the stupid photographer focused on the vapor, so the plane is a tad blurry. I don't think it's quite a.net material but I love the shot. Keep trying and like EGGD said; "you'll get one eventually and it'll be something more amazing than this".

Bill
Some people are like Slinkies. They bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Thom@s

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:30 pm

Wouldn't a round of unsharp help get rid of that blurry feeling?  Confused I'd give it a go.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

KLGAviation

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:40 pm

Shaun,

I did the best I could. If this link doesn't work you can shoot me an email via my contact button. Big grin

http://img3.imagetown.net/160919362.jpg

Chris
There is a fine line between a picture and a photo. The latter seems to be disappearing.

TWAMD-80

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:19 pm

Shaun, I know the feeling. The Blues were at Spirit of St. Louis Airport on Labor Day weekend. The conditions for shooting were pretty lousy. Haze and a nice overcast layer were the weather for the day. I got this shot but it wasn't good enough  Sad I still like it though. Great shot and keep shooting, something will come along!

http://www.airliners.net/procphotos/rejphoto.main?filename=5391_usnba_fa18_161948_9604_sus_e.jpg

Tim
Two A-4's, left ten o'clock level continue left turn!

sesd97

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:45 am

Hey Chris & Thomas,

Thx for your encouragement .... I tried the USM route myself with a myriad of different settings, and honestly, the above link was the best I came up with.

As you both know, once that original image is slightly OOF, it's very tough to bring it to A.Net standards. I've submitted another version when the jet swung around ... maybe I'll get better luck with that one.....but I fear the same inevitable fate ...... ahhhhhhh. ..... on the bright side, I did get another 10 pics accepted with two big hitting cockpit shots, that I will shamelessly plug below .....enjoy ! ..........Shaun

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Shaun Edelstein
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Shaun Edelstein

LHSebi

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:06 am

Shaun, I think the photo, as nice as it is, has motion blur, which you can't fix with USM. Sorry!

Sebastian
I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

Thom@s

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:03 am

Hmmm, odd that you weren't able to get it sharper...  Confused Oh well, good luck next time.  Smile

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

sesd97

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:06 am

Thx Thomas, I really tried the USM & Sharpening route. I even have Fred Miranda's tool but my original is really blurry and OOF, so that's always the source of the problem !! .... I was at 1/2000 but man !! He was moving !

Thanks again Thomas .................Shaun

Thom@s

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:23 am

I See.  Smile

Filler filler.

Thom@s