Psych
Topic Author

Your Views Re Whether This Is Good Enough.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:42 am

I would be grateful for any views regarding whether this image comes up to scratch. It is currently in the upload queue. I have had a similar photo rejected on the grounds of exposure before (though not on the same day) and will delete it from the queue if it is a foregone conclusion that it just isn't up to it.

http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/A6-EAC1411.jpg

I have worked hard to get it as 'presentable' as possible, but the reality is that the light was not very good. However, I do feel this shot - or this type of shot - deserves an opportunity.

Thanks for any comments and/or suggestions.

Paul

Dazed767

RE: Your Views Re Whether This Is Good Enough.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:47 am

Quality still isn't all there IMHO.

but the reality is that the light was not very good. However, I do feel this shot - or this type of shot - deserves an opportunity.

Think you just answered it yourself, light wasn't very good. There will always be another day, and better weather, keep trying!

Justin

Jkw777

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:48 am

Hi Paul,

Nice effort there! I like the motive.

As far as quality is concerned I would have to say it's not going to make it here.

The underneath seems to suffer with a hell of a lot of noise which indicates to me that there was problems with the exposure in the first place.

Also to me it seems a little bit unclear/fuzzy.

Just out of curiosity what equipment are you using?

Keep trying!

Regards,

Justin Wood  Smile
jkw6210@btopenworld.com or +447751242989

mikec

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:50 am

My personal opinion is that it would not be accepted, but I'm no screener. There is quite a bit of grain present underneath, it's lacking in any real detail on the aircraft itself and has a very washed out appearance. I think the weather was just against you here - I'd wait for a sunnier day because it could look really nice with a deep blue sky (who am I kidding, we live in the UK!!). See what others say but I don't think it's in with a chance.

Is that the end of 24R at MAN?

Michael.

Edit: Damn I'm so slow!

[Edited 2004-11-16 22:51:03]

Psych
Topic Author

Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:58 am

Thanks Guys for your speedy feedback. I think you could tell that I was very unsure about this and I think I will end up taking it out of the queue, as I don't want to waste anyone's time.

Michael - yes it's at the end of 24R and I'm determined to get a photo of something one day as planes coming over those houses has always brought out in me a boyish excitement.

Justin - it's taken with a Canon 300D and a bog standard lens.

Thanks again for your comments.

Paul

mygind66

Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:20 am

Paul..

your equipment is good enough for aviation photography, I'd say very good...at least body camera.
I agree with the rest about the weather. Try in a sunny day and low light.

Good luck for next time..

Enrique