flygmolinafmly

New To Lenses

Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:41 am

I recently purchased the Panasonic FZ20. I never thought about expanding my camera and purchasing lenses. Are lenses somewhat universal? Panasonic only offers 2 lenses (tele and wide). So if I was interested in a Nikon tele lens for example, would I be able to use it on my Panasonic? Thanks! Is there a good site that can offer lens information for newbies?

Gabriel Molina
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have bee

LHSebi

RE: New To Lenses

Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:29 am

Hi Gabriel,
On a first look, I don't think that you can get different lenses for your FZ20. You will need a SLR/DSLR to be able to use different lenses. Are you thinking of buying another camera too?

Sebastian
I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

flygmolinafmly

Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:17 am

No I won't be buying another camera. I didn't think I could get lenses for it but their website has two that can be purchased for it so I wasn't sure if I could purchase any other lens. Under technical specs it says "conversion lens compatibility - yes". Maybe that means something?

Thank you
Gabriel
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have bee

ckw

Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:25 am

What they are talking about are convertors which extend or widen the view of the built in lens. These attach to the existing lens. They are only for the Lumix, and no other lenses will work with the Lumix.

Cheers,

colin
Colin K. Work, Pixstel