Newark777
Topic Author

Spotting At Newark

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:13 am

I was thinking of making a trip to Newark soon to do some spotting, especially now with my new camera. I would just like to know if anyone has any experience spotting there, since I have heard some bad stories about cops being strict. I know the Ikea parking lot has some nice views, but I'm not sure this is a great spot, since the police patrol it pretty regulary and may be suspicious of you in a public parking lot like that. Any help would be great!

P.S. Sorry if this has been discussed before, the search page doesn't seem to be working for me and a manual search didn't turn up anything.
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

aa61hvy

RE: Spotting At Newark

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:47 am

I was there this summer, we went to long term parking for arrivals, that was good-though heavily patrolled. We would shoot the plane, then get back into the car and sit there till something else came. IKEA was so hard, we were there for a little bit then got chased out. Good luck.
Go big or go home

JBLUA320

Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:04 am

You'll be running around all day. Some good spots are the service road that runs parallel to the Turnpike (follow signs to P6) and the monorail stations.

JBLU

Newark777
Topic Author

Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:20 pm

Thanks for your feedback! Hopefully the weather will clear up this weekend and I'll be able to head down there.  Smile
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?